Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Report: Next-Gen Porsche 911 Turbo to feature four-wheel steering

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi Kevin,

Thanks...for me this is a list of "failures"..whether the 991 turbo will also fail on it? High chance I would say..more weight, more service costs, more parts that could go wrong...qnd with todays internet - a reputation of a car can quickly be demolished..that goes of course for all of them.

Simple lesson from Motorsport; 4 wheel steering systems are forbidden..and the ones who tried it ended up being slower than the conventional ones.

I fear that history will repeat itself again..

Old 09-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
Guys,

4ws today would result in minimal weight gain. It would probably just be a linear actuator controlled by a computer which measures your steering inputs. The actuator would work on a pair of tie rods to adjust rear wheel angle. All of this can be done for like 10-15 pounds of added weight I would bet.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLACKBULL
The Nissan 300Z circa 1990 had the HICAS system which allowed rear wheel to be steered 1-2 degrees^^get it !!??
Had a 1990 TT w HICAS.