Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Looking to purchase a 997 TT ??

Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DRLC6 is on a distinguished roadDRLC6 is on a distinguished roadDRLC6 is on a distinguished roadDRLC6 is on a distinguished roadDRLC6 is on a distinguished roadDRLC6 is on a distinguished road
Looking to purchase a 997 TT ??

I am getting the itch for a new car. I have been looking at GTR,Jag and the Porsche Turbo. The P car is where I think I will be heading. I am thinking about a 2010 or 2011 with PDK, Is there any things I should be looking for or info I should know before hand? are these good years for the TT? I have only had 1 P car and that was a 2010 Carrera. I really want something quick and that handles well. I am not looking at the S as that is a little out of my price range. Also what is a good price on a 10 or 11 with PDK and low miles? Thanks for any info you may have..

Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Just so you know. 997.1 Turbo's have the GT1 engine, while the 997.2 Turbo's have the regular 911 9A1 engine with turbo's on them.

The GT1 engine is the same block used in GT2/3.

They went to 9A1 because at the time Porsche couldn't get PDK working with the GT1 block.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Just so you know. 997.1 Turbo's have the GT1 engine, while the 997.2 Turbo's have the regular 911 9A1 engine with turbo's on them.

The GT1 engine is the same block used in GT2/3.

They went to 9A1 because at the time Porsche couldn't get PDK working with the GT1 block.
And it's a damn shame as well. Especially for those looking to modify heavily

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Teamspeed

Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
I must throw in my hat into the ring tho...I have driven many 6-800 hp 997.1 turbos and my bone stock 997.2 turbo S still gives me a bigger rush than any of the variants that I have driven before...just for a little perspective...that .2 litres makes a huge difference .

Old 04-17-2012, 09:18 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
I must throw in my hat into the ring tho...I have driven many 6-800 hp 997.1 turbos and my bone stock 997.2 turbo S still gives me a bigger rush than any of the variants that I have driven before...just for a little perspective...that .2 litres makes a huge difference .
would you mind enlarging on that?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
Correct I owned a 2007 .1 Turbo and my .2 is everything and better.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
would you mind enlarging on that?
There is a certain tightness that the 997.2 has that for some reason, isn't tactilely present on the 997.1. Especially when it comes to the 997.2 S. And the PDK really makes the car a completely different monster. From what I have been told, the 3.8L versus 3.6l motor makes a huge difference and then the DFI on top of that continues to really bring the best out of the TT motor. And from what I'm told, the S vs "normal" turbo models are built in part at the motorsports facility versus the "normal" factory. All I know for sure is that the people who have been in my car and are around super fast cars daily have been completely shocked when I say the thing only has 530 horse. And I'm right there with em...