Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Porsche 997 TT: Anatomy to getting the perfect 997 Turbo suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished road
I finally fitted my suspension and all I can say apart from a few bad parts supplied by RSS which luckily I managed to find replacements of the car is amazing it feels like a go kart

I never thought how much better it could be but it drives like a different car altogether, the car puts the power down better, it's more nimble, I find myself travelling through bends and over bumps a hell of alot quicker it's mind boggling.

Time for some more power now that I have the control!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Kai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to all
Excellent write-up!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Still a favorite thread here!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Jason is the man!

Old 03-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Slick997 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gtrnick
I cant wait to tfit all this stuff lol

I will take your advice and go with the settings you reccommend!
Where did you get that kit? I would prefer a one stop shop and buy the whole kit.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Slick997 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great write up buy the way, was just about to do mine and you probably saved me some money, also is there any reason why you guys arnt going with the KW,s now that they got the PASM?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
contact gmg or RSS directly they can really set you up with everything you may need for suspension. They make all their own monoball suspension pieces to reduce the unwanted flex in oem rubber bushing components.

They also carry some nice suspension packages such as moton and so on.

check out gmgracing.com or Roadsport supply's website

Last edited by lopro; 03-29-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
also one cant go wrong with Tarret parts either. Check out them here

Old 03-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Slick997, KW only just recently came out with a PASM compatible system. I got my damptronics a couple years back when they were the first to come out with such a system. I have no regrets and would happily go with them again in a heartbeat.

I would recommend RSS since they've never steered me wrong either and they do know what they're doing.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
spoolin is an unknown quantity at this point
Jason, Thank you for this post. I have a '12 997 Turbo S I use as a daily driver in Boston area and about (10) track days per year. I plan to move forward with your suspension upgrades. Any additional thoughts now that you have been running this setup for (2) years? really appreciate it. Charles Kenney

Quick Reply: Porsche 997 TT: Anatomy to getting the perfect 997 Turbo suspension