Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Porsche 997 TT: Anatomy to getting the perfect 997 Turbo suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
You're very thorough, that's for sure. May I ask where you got all the info about the parts for your Turbo? My thread? If that's the case then my congratulations to you, sir. It took me a long time to get everything together and you're essentially doing it in one shot.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by atomic80
You're very thorough, that's for sure. May I ask where you got all the info about the parts for your Turbo? My thread? If that's the case then my congratulations to you, sir. It took me a long time to get everything together and you're essentially doing it in one shot.
TBH I only joined this forum last week and I ordered all my parts end of last year.

I found it funny when I started reading this thread as I was like snap

I did my research myself and with some advice from my suspension guy over here in the U.K.

If it was all down to you I would be saying a big thankyou.

I think you still deserve a big thankyou anyway for making me feel better by confirming that I have taken the correct route

Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished road
I sent you a rep point too.

How comes you didnt use the RSS shock mounts?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:11 PM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess because my shop that I trust implicitly recommended the Modes because of the way it's designed as a "floating" setup compared to the ones from RSS. I'm satisfied with the way it turned out since I had all kinds of groaning issues previously with the stock shock mounts.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I guess because my shop that I trust implicitly recommended the Modes because of the way it's designed as a "floating" setup compared to the ones from RSS. I'm satisfied with the way it turned out since I had all kinds of groaning issues previously with the stock shock mounts.
Hmmm so the RSS ones might be too stiff for the road?

Where as the modes would be a little forgiving?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
I didn't say that it'd be too stiff. Comparing the two, the shop and I both felt that the mode plates were better designed.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I didn't say that it'd be too stiff. Comparing the two, the shop and I both felt that the mode plates were better designed.
Ahh okay.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
STATUS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
First iike to say hello as i am new to teamspeed. Thanks so much for the right up. As I am looking into upgrading the suspension in my 08 tt. I bought the car with eibach springs already installed but had the opportunity to drive a friends car with the damptronics and h&r sways.... Felt a world of difference. I can only imagine how the. Ad feels with the links and control arms. Where can I get the drop links and pillow ball mounts?? I am located in northern nj Thanks

Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
interesting load of parts you have in this thread. Kinda interesting as im in the middle of collecting all these parts right now. Great writeup. What has been added since ?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Status1, sorry I'm late in getting back to you. I'm not sure if I understand your question. You're asking me where to find the droplinks for the swaybars? I got the pillow mounts from Mode.

lopro, I haven't added anything else since then. It's perfect the way it is right now.

Quick Reply: Porsche 997 TT: Anatomy to getting the perfect 997 Turbo suspension