Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Porsche always has the best adverts.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Porsche always has the best adverts.

I'm sure a few of you have seen this video, but most of you probably haven't. (Also, sorry in advance if it's a repost).

YouTube - Porsche 911 Turbo - The story continues

If this video doesn't make you want to blow 100k+ on a 911 and not even care, then I don't know what will. It's amazing what a great and enjoyable advert Porsche can make while it has absolutely no words. Usually before you buy a car, you want to learn about, but this video will be enough learning if you want to buy a 911.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
OP: I imagine you as the kid from that one commercial who rides his bike to the dealer and says see you in 10 yrs- and I mean this respectfully.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Phenomenal video indeed, some of those locations and roads are breathtaking!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Meteor Grey on red is hot!

I totally agree, i want a 911 turbo so much i can't even describe it. Soon!

Old 10-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Ifl

Old 10-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
OP: I imagine you as the kid from that one commercial who rides his bike to the dealer and says see you in 10 yrs- and I mean this respectfully.
Not too far fetched actually. Except, I can't wait 10 years to go back. 10 days is enough for me.

As for the 911 Turbo, I like it better than the Turbo S. Thing is, the first 997.2 Turbo I saw was a Turbo S cab. Then I saw about four more of them. Just a couple of days ago I saw a Meteor Grey 997.2 Turbo. I initially was like, great, another Turbo S. Then I spotted the manual tranny and fell in instant love for a Meteor Grey Turbo. I'm sure the same will happen with the new Carrera GTS.

Originally Posted by Mythic
Meteor Grey on red is hot!

I totally agree, i want a 911 turbo so much i can't even describe it. Soon!
Best of luck to you!

I also just want to say how I can't believe people are (probably) getting paid to drive these Turbos on these beautiful landscapes.

Last edited by Carrera; 10-29-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
TT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura about
I thought I've seen every new 911 commercial there is but this one is new to me. Thanks for posting it.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
It's a little too Top Gear-ish the way it was shot for me, without the brilliant execution of the Top Gear crew...

Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
These are the videos used to describe the features on the 997.2. They are on the Porsche website. I remember watching them about a thousand times as I waited for my turbo to arrive. And the great part for me is that I ordered the ruby red cab seen in this video, so it made watching the video that much better.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ A great video to waste some time in the web cinema is the 997.1 introduction.

Here's a similar yet not as good video featuring a 911 Turbo S with s very similar song and a short piano rendition at the beginning. It doesn't quite grab me as much but it's still a great video.

YouTube - The 911 Turbo S - Efficiency demands even more performance

Quick Reply: Porsche always has the best adverts.