Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

AUDI R8 V10 VS PORSCHE 911 TURBO - Video

Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond reputeMpowerful has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow AUDI R8 V10 VS PORSCHE 911 TURBO - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e0a2Gq0l40

Old 06-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
i was literally just watching this on youtube. its a cool vid.

i don't understand german, but i'm guessing the R8 won the slalom test?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
The R8 won the slalom test, the braking test (they tried ten consecutive braking tests), and in acceleration from 0-200 Km/h. The 911 was faster up to 180 Km/h.

In terms of the design, the guy was just mentioning how Porsche cannot really veer off from their classical design, as when they did that a bit with the 996, they received many complaints. The Audi on the other hand, was free to take on a shape of its own.

In the end, the Audi R8 pretty much one on all fronts. The one thing the guy mentioned was how easy it would be to lose control in the Audi with the ESP off and when you are reaching the car's limits; at least for a normal driver.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great video - thanks for sharing

Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Cool video.

The R8 won the breaking tests? Maybe it's just me, but every clip they show of them braking, the 997 stops shorter and sooner then the R8. Even in the head-on shots, you can see that the 997 weight trasfers back to the rear when it comes to a full stop sooner then the R8.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Have seen it on TV. Really great test.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd rather have the 997 TT.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ty328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome video! I also will take the 997 Turbo.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
the V10 is definitely what the R8 needed to compete with the turbo. i just love the styling of the R8. can't wait until they hit the USA.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I'd rather have the 997 TT.
Me too especially in a fancy Porsche exclusive colour and then slightly modify it, the best daily driver ever.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AUDI R8 V10 VS PORSCHE 911 TURBO - Video