Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

996TT tire suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
996TT tire suggestions???

I just bought a low mileage 2002 996TT and got a great deal on it. The only problem is that the thing has been sitting relatively untouched for nearly three years and I'm in need of a new set of tires. Any suggestions from current or former owners on which tires would be best for the car? I spend most my time in Houston, TX so I'm looking for a summer high performance tire.

Thanks, JC

Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I just bought a low mileage 2002 996TT and got a great deal on it. The only problem is that the thing has been sitting relatively untouched for nearly three years and I'm in need of a new set of tires. Any suggestions from current or former owners on which tires would be best for the car? I spend most my time in Houston, TX so I'm looking for a summer high performance tire.

Thanks, JC
Just go with the OEM Michelin, they worked plenty fine for me when I had mine.

You can either check with our Tire Rack dude, or go to TireRack, and it will give you other non Michelin yet N rated tires available.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
Michelin Sport Cup or PS2 all around. Or Toyo R888, very good tires also with good walls. Good for street and road course. If you want more rubber for good launches and takes off then Toyo Proxes or Nitto R compounds.