Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Clear bra installation questions - professional opinion needed/appreicated

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ed03feng is an unknown quantity at this point
Clear bra installation questions - professional opinion needed/appreicated

Greetings everyone! I am a newbie on the teamspeed forum. And I hope some of the Ferrari owners can share their prior clear bra installation experience for my situation. I am back to the Bay Area after spending last 4 years in the Seattle area. Since I am in CA, I got myself an 08 Scuderia to enjoy this wonderful weather (well, although it was not nice lately.) Anyway, I had my Scuderia getting a full wrap using Xpel Ultimate (self healing). When I got the car back today, I wasn't happy at all. The film was not tucked in and the cut on the edge was not straight. The installer claimed that the film was not able to tuck in due to lack/not enough clear coat on the car to help the film sticking on/staying down. So here is my question. Does the clear coat thickness has anything to do with the film being able to stay down? I had many cars getting wrap before. This is the first time I heard this being the reason. I am hoping/giving a chance for the installer to make it right so I am keeping this company's name confidential for now.

And for those Scuderia owners with clear bra on the front bumper, do you have the front bumper covered under 1 piece or multiple pieces? If in 1 piece, any issue for the curve and coverage area of the front intake? The installer had it done in 3 pieces ( 2 pieces under the front 2 intake areas as a relief cut since the Xpel is hard to be bent 90 degree he claimed). For those with full wrap, what would be the proper/preferred way to wrap the rear quarter panels since they are attached to the roof top as 1 piece. Mine is done by having a seam at the end of roof and another piece connecting the quarter panel.