Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

F430 with 19s front/20s rear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
F430 with 19s front/20s rear?

Does anyon know if this is something that is recommended? I found a set of HREs that my dads interested in and the wheels are 19s front and 20s rear. Not sure if it'll sacrifice ride quality and how it'll look? Any help will be appreciated.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Will you be using the stock suspension setup?

Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
My dad was thinking about lowering.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Well in most cases, when replacing stock rims for aftermarket wheels, it's probably best to lower the car so the wheels fit snugly. A friend of mine has a 360 Modena with aftermarket rims and stock suspension and it doesn't sit so tight; there are large gaps in the wheel wells. I've seen some F430s with aftermarket rims and you can obviously tell that they're riding on the stock suspension.

Ride quality with aftermarket rims is always a bit of a gamble. If you make all the right adjustments (camber, offsets, etc.) then you should be fine, but you may still get a bit of steering shake depending on how low profile the tires are.

Hope I was able to help. Enjoy and post some pics once you install the rims!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The wheels would be HRE. Not anything cheap. So I don't think they would be a gamble, but thanks a lot for the info. Really appreciate it.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
19 and 20's has been done ask Wheels Boutique.

Lower it asap, I read somewhere the stock suspension can be lowered though not sure.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the gamble he was referring to was because of poor-quality wheels. Rather, the change in wheel/tire size from stock and the type of roads/conditions you are driving on.

I too recall reading that the 430 has adjustable suspension from the factory. I wouldn't go very low on it but you can at least lower it to the standard European ride height.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ Yeah, my dad doesn't want to slam it or anything. Just to complete the look of the wheels and ride height. Like right above the tires I'd say.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by wyatth
I don't think the gamble he was referring to was because of poor-quality wheels. Rather, the change in wheel/tire size from stock and the type of roads/conditions you are driving on.
I think you definitely worded it better than me. Thanks!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute
I have 19/20 HRE setup on my f430 and have lowered it a bit with the stock suspension, as long as it is done professionally and you also do the corner weights, it should be fine