Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Scuderia values?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
^ And the CS has a cult-like following. It's more hardcore than the Scuderia IMO. Pretty special piece despite being "inferior."

What a pair of studs in the white CS.

Last edited by wyatth; 03-18-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ritesh
But why would a 2004 CS be worth 140K and a 2008 Scuderia be worth $175-185K. The Scud is superior from engine/F1 standpoint. It might not as pretty but is is vastly superior from a performance standpoint. So it is purely the fact that the CS production volume is 400 while Scuderia volume is 3500?
In addition to Wyatt's point - think about some of the Ferrari's that have ridiculous values. 250 California, 250 GTO (which is more understandable), etc. Performance does not play a roll in those valuations, surely aesthetics does, however. I started to understand this quite a bit more once I accepted that next year there's always going to be a faster car - so look, feel, sound play a much bigger role in my preferences now.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh
But why would a 2004 CS be worth 140K and a 2008 Scuderia be worth $175-185K. The Scud is superior from engine/F1 standpoint. It might not as pretty but is is vastly superior from a performance standpoint. So it is purely the fact that the CS production volume is 400 while Scuderia volume is 3500?
scuds aren't 175k and the CS numbers you post are 1000 light.

you are correct a scud will run circles around a cs

Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Mark when do you think the Scud will hit 150-160k?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Mark when do you think the Scud will hit 150-160k?
No clue I hope never

I think cars are in a holding pattern. Ferrari is only making the 458's that are ordered. Anyone that wants one really and that has dried up. People aren't out there buying right now. It's just not happening. Owners realize they aren't getting much more car for over $100k more than the Scud and they aren't buying now.

CS's have stalled for a year. I think Scuds will as well. They've been about the same for a while. Still a large chunk of CS's are for sale almost 80% of the amount of Scuds for sale when 3 times as many were made. They are selling because they are 60-100k cheaper and that's a great car for 130-140k. Realistically Ferrari would flood the market with 458's if there were buyers. It used to be only Ferrari customers got new cars and I'd bet that 65-75% of 458's were sold to new customers. A sign of the times and a sign that Ferrari has lost general interest from old clients with the new product.

I could be wrong they could drop again. When they do 3x8's will fall off the map. Already in the $30-40k range. 348's will drop deeper into the $30's and 355's will dump into the $40's. People won't buy these cars as they move up to better faster and less headache cars in the 100-175k range. Who wants a $40k Ferrari that could cost them 5k a year in maintenance? Unfortunately priced this low these cars will then fall into junk category quickly because the 30k buyer won't spend the required money on maintenance. The disappearance of these less expensive Ferrari's will prop up the demand of the 360's and 430's and help them hold value while Ferrari still tries to peddle 325k cars to the newbies.

Reality has set in there and customers aren't willing to pay an extra 150k out of pocket for 2 tenths to 60. The cars are fast enough and the general public is cool with the stuff of yesterday. Yes they will still sell to the various customers but I think we are 10 years away minimum from the Dealers hand selecting clients like the 2000-2007 era.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Great points and info, Mark! Spot on.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by h20skier
No clue I hope never

I think cars are in a holding pattern. Ferrari is only making the 458's that are ordered. Anyone that wants one really and that has dried up. People aren't out there buying right now. It's just not happening. Owners realize they aren't getting much more car for over $100k more than the Scud and they aren't buying now.

CS's have stalled for a year. I think Scuds will as well. They've been about the same for a while. Still a large chunk of CS's are for sale almost 80% of the amount of Scuds for sale when 3 times as many were made. They are selling because they are 60-100k cheaper and that's a great car for 130-140k. Realistically Ferrari would flood the market with 458's if there were buyers. It used to be only Ferrari customers got new cars and I'd bet that 65-75% of 458's were sold to new customers. A sign of the times and a sign that Ferrari has lost general interest from old clients with the new product.

I could be wrong they could drop again. When they do 3x8's will fall off the map. Already in the $30-40k range. 348's will drop deeper into the $30's and 355's will dump into the $40's. People won't buy these cars as they move up to better faster and less headache cars in the 100-175k range. Who wants a $40k Ferrari that could cost them 5k a year in maintenance? Unfortunately priced this low these cars will then fall into junk category quickly because the 30k buyer won't spend the required money on maintenance. The disappearance of these less expensive Ferrari's will prop up the demand of the 360's and 430's and help them hold value while Ferrari still tries to peddle 325k cars to the newbies.

Reality has set in there and customers aren't willing to pay an extra 150k out of pocket for 2 tenths to 60. The cars are fast enough and the general public is cool with the stuff of yesterday. Yes they will still sell to the various customers but I think we are 10 years away minimum from the Dealers hand selecting clients like the 2000-2007 era.
Interesting points. From what I gather wholesale values are pretty low.

I'll be interested to see if they are in fact in a holding pattern. I am a pessimist about auto values, I don't think anything is immune to continuing to drop save for a select few cars. Time will tell if the Scud is one of them.

Maintenance on the older cars sounds pathetic.

Definitely agree about the hand selection of clients. I really think it's going to take the next tech or whatever boom will affect the entire economy before that happens. 10yrs is a safe bet.