Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
It's a Lambo; not the space shuttle Discovery. Me thinks your local dealer is giving you the run around and/or complete idiots.
I think it has more to do with them taking out a lamp post during the "road test" after they completed the alignment.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Touche' LOL

Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Touche' LOL
Just noticed your signature, and to put this thread back on track a little re: dealer service, how would your dealership have handled such a situation with the customer?

"Tough nouggies Mr Customer, you have insurance right?" or something else

Old 12-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Easy.

We don't hire fvcktards. - so the whole situation would have been avoided.

(you think I'm joking, I'm not. Your staff is a CLEAR representation of the leadership at that business- regardless of the business. And that would not happen at our store.*knock on wood* LOL )

Last edited by STOPPIE; 12-28-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Easy.

We don't hire fvcktards. - so the whole situation would have been avoided.

(you think I'm joking, I'm not. Your staff is a CLEAR representation of the leadership at that business- regardless of the business. And that would not happen at our store.*knock on wood* LOL )
Hahaha!

Touché indeed!

One day I'll be in the market for a GT3, you might just get my business

Old 12-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
It's been my experience that dealerships vary greatly. If you visit an old dealer that's been around for decades in a smallish area, you're going to get treated a hell of a lot better than one that's only been around a short time in snob central.

It's not terribly difficult to get one, even near sticker, you just need to do your homework.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Hate to disagree with you Simba but our store is 180* from that. We've only been in the business since Feb '06 and now we drive the market in our Market Area. We couldn't have built it this fast purely on great deals; it's about Customer Service being No. 1- not just BS rhetoric.

I make it a point to 'visit' other dealers when in other parts of the Country and as you said, it does 'vary greatly'. Location, size, time in tenure have zero to do with it. It's about the 'cultural philosophy of business'. If that's rotten, so is the experience.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gvan
You're going down

Let's just say I took my Gallardo in for an alignment at a Porsche dealer (who said they could do it) over 10 weeks ago. It's still not back and the most optimistic ETA says another 5-6 weeks.
Ummm have you seen his collection?

If your local Porsche dealer is taking fifteen weeks to align your car, they don't want your business and as for putting up with it I have no polite comment. Go get your car and go somewhere else.

My Porsche certified technicians work on Scuds, F430's, Gallardos, Conti Super Sports, coupe and vert, one DBS, ummm a multitude of Masers, and we are a lowly Porsche dealer. And our clients are happy. Think you need to finds a new dealer. Sorry for the harshness but you are out of line.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 12-28-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a Lambo; not the space shuttle Discovery.
Actually it's an Audi.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Ummm a newbie is going to "take down" H2O! Awesome. Do a small, tiny amount of research of his stable. And house. And family. Good luck.

If your local Porsche dealer is taking fifteen weeks to align your car, they don't want your business and as for putting up with it, as Stoppie would say "your a fvcktard". Go get your car and go somewhere else.

We have worked on Scuds, F430's, Lp's, Gallardos, Conti Super Sports, coupe and vert, one DBS, ummm a multitude of Masers, and we are a lowly Porsche dealer. And our clients are happy.
I think you missed a couple things.

1.The comment was a joke at the noone wants lambos comment (diehard lambo fan here)

2. The alignment took them about an hour. Spinning the car at high speed over the median and into a lamp post took them a couple minutes. The aftermath is the time consuming bit.

Question: When you say "we" who do you mean? (shop/dealer I presume?)

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.