Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
^The last line says it all. It floors me how many higher-ups have no fvcking clue what goes on on the ground. Fortunately I grew up working for someone who knew all aspects of the operation. How can you be CEO, or chief operating officer especially, if you don't understand the operation?

The hardest part re: auto business is the stigma. Not enough younger blood in my opinion.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
At the end of the day I am convinced the bulk of the car business needs a complete overhaul. It's a broken model in many cases - from the mfg down.
This is a good book on the subject, if a little dated: Amazon.com: Time for a Model Change: Re-engineering the Global Automotive Industry (9780521837156): Graeme P. Maxton, John Wormald: Books

Old 12-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Absolutely. 100%.

The issue is this: How do you convince the Manufacturer's how important the sales process really is? As my Boss says

However, the automakers WILL do,for the most part, what ever the F they want. They produce cars despite what the market will need or support. only to come out with heavy incentives just to make it go away. Not to mention; they wine and dine the Dealer Principals; the person LEAST likely to interact with the actual client. Rare are the Owners, such as mine, who are here - everyday- meeting with clients, selling cars and makes himself easily accessible 24/7.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying this: Auto makers want to know what's going on? Sit on the front lines with the sales people and sales managers; and you can get an idea of whats going on.

But just like any business in todays world, as long as they're making MORE $$ then losing; and you have all these layers of Cooperate Bullshit between lower and upper levels of management, they will NOT change their way of conducting business.

If more CEO's spent time at ground level, they'd have a REAL clue WTF is going on with their bottom line.
Chris,

I'm a business consultant and this is exactly what I preach. Executives at the top blindly believing figures that have been filtered though 20 layers of middle management idiots with their own political motives is what destroys companies. Then what do they do when things go bad? Fire the ones actually doing the work, the sales people in your case.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gvan
Chris,

I'm a business consultant and this is exactly what I preach. Executives at the top blindly believing figures that have been filtered though 20 layers of middle management idiots with their own political motives is what destroys companies. Then what do they do when things go bad? Fire the ones actually doing the work, the sales people in your case.
Are you hiring

Old 12-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Hate to disagree with you Simba but our store is 180* from that. We've only been in the business since Feb '06 and now we drive the market in our Market Area. We couldn't have built it this fast purely on great deals; it's about Customer Service being No. 1- not just BS rhetoric.

I make it a point to 'visit' other dealers when in other parts of the Country and as you said, it does 'vary greatly'. Location, size, time in tenure have zero to do with it. It's about the 'cultural philosophy of business'. If that's rotten, so is the experience.
Captain Tryhard over here.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DchaMD
Captain Tryhard over here.
Yes PFC Douche?

Old 12-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Chris,

Sadly no one wants intelligent people who can fix things. This is why I'm trying to move into automotive. After spending 2 hours a day sitting in a bathroom stall holding my head in disbelief at the galactic levels of stupidity, every single day, I realized I needed to change careers.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by gvan
Chris,

Sadly no one wants intelligent people who can fix things. This is why I'm trying to move into automotive. After spending 2 hours a day sitting in a bathroom stall holding my head in disbelief at the galactic levels of stupidity, every single day, I realized I needed to change careers.
That sounds like a scene out of a movie....

It is retarded Corp. America is like this.