Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Breaking News: The Ferrari 458 Italia Spider will feature a folding hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by isuk
That's old news DJ. The patent pics for the roof design have been floating around the net since last year It's a two piece design that pivots like the roof on the 575 Superamerica with the two pieces rotating through 180 degrees and stowing stacked above each other in a compartment above the engine.
Welcome onboard here ISUK! I'm glad to see you have started post here as well

Feel free to share that awesome garage of yours

Old 06-07-2010, 03:34 PM
AWG
Teamspeed Senior Member
AWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud of
Guys the 458 will have a soft top convertible, today i talked with the head of ferrari middle east and africa division and he assured me that the car will have a soft top not a hard top. He also told me Ferrari will release this info maybe within this week or next week. The car will be shown in the geneva motor show and first production will be in June 2011.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^I don't know my friend, my source is from the factory but I would hope you are correct.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
While I have heard about folding hardtop as well, I think that soft-top would actually make much more sense.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:26 AM
AWG
Teamspeed Senior Member
AWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DJ
^^I don't know my friend, my source is from the factory but I would hope you are correct.
I hope i am mistaken and that guy doesn’t know wht he is talking about :P I ordered both the cars coupe and convertible. ill use the coupe till my convertible comes. then just do a car exchange with them

Old 06-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
While I have heard about folding hardtop as well, I think that soft-top would actually make much more sense.
Especially since their excuse for a plastic window in the 430 Spider was because glass adds too much weight up top... Ha!