Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Breaking News: The Ferrari 458 Italia Spider will feature a folding hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by isuk
Apologies, didn't realise you'd had those pics. I had "official" confirmation of the hard top just after those pics appeared last year and assumed others had as well.
No worries, I was only 90% sure of my source last year and only got full confirmation the other day. Nice to have you here BTW

Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The people who only care about having a the most rigid, lightweight Ferrari will be the people who buy the coupe or an upcoming Scuderia version. The Spider has always been for those who just want to be seen in a Ferrari (16M excluded). That's my opinion anyway.

I think this will be a cool and innovative feature for the 458 chassis. I think a lot of buyers will appreciate the folding hardtop too.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad. Id prefer fabric but glass rear window.
Hate to say it but the LP560 has the best roof... lines, material, sliding glass window...

Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Not a HUGE fan of the 458, but this is a awesome step in the right direction. Like someone said above, a traditional F series owner (excluding 16m and scud/cs) buy the car for it's great looks and status....

Old 06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Would be interesting to see it on the actual 458. I always prefered the traditional soft tops. I like the two tone colour on the car.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
paintballing66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow DJ, you're a photoshop God. I am going to 2nd the "wallpaper please" request.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
bummer the only chance this car had was to have a soft top up there to soften the lines and make it more presentable. big mistake imho

Agreed

Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by paintballing66
Wow DJ, you're a photoshop God. I am going to 2nd the "wallpaper please" request.
Far from that but thank you none the less, pm me your email addy

Old 06-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
shin is on a distinguished roadshin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by D55L
There is information about 458 Spider getting folding hardtop, I can cofirm it. Honestly speaking this is not right and let me explain why - if weight increase will be significant the whole concept is wrong to make every car lighter, if weight increase will be not significant (I really do not see the way this could happen) the coupe market will go down. Just imagine, why will you buy a coupe, when a slight premiums gets you convertible? And finally they have Cali for that purpose. I would definitely prefer to see 458 Spider with traditional soft-top.
What if the new hardtop solution is actually lighter than a canvas top ?

Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shin
What if the new hardtop solution is actually lighter than a canvas top ?
Its hard to imagine, but everything can happen. It will be a very interesting and exotic supercar then. But the main concern as I wrote in my earlier post is the sales of a coupe going to take a major hit. The main group of 458customers are not enthusiasts looking for track weapon, they look for F-car to look great in at the boulevard. And if the premium can get you very usable folding hardtop covertible, why will you buy a coupe?

But I can say that such folding hardtop roof is really 99% sure according to our sources.

Quick Reply: Breaking News: The Ferrari 458 Italia Spider will feature a folding hardtop