Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

It's called money shift....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:07 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Kreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond repute
It's called money shift....

Hello.

Last week, one of our unfortunate customer made mistake while he was shifting...
We are putting new engine to bring back the heart to this car.

Here are the pictures of dead Ferrari engine from mis-shift....

Last edited by Kreissieg; 04-22-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Woah, That is one dirty heart..which Ferrari is this?...

Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of mis-shift caused this?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
to those of us less mechanically inclined, can you explain what is broken, and where?

I assume he shifted into 2nd instead of 4th?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The valves gave the piston a high^5.
If its like the M3 its just a case where you drop the gears too low, normally happens when you going from like 5th and you wanna chose 4th but you hit 2nd instead. The speed on the road though the ratio of the box causes the engine to rev over its limits and the piston hits the valves because they cant get out of the way in time.

Its called a money shift because its costs you money. Unlucky dude, not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by calypso
The valves gave the piston a high^5.
If its like the M3 its just a case where you drop the gears too low, normally happens when you going from like 5th and you wanna chose 4th but you hit 2nd instead. The speed on the road though the ratio of the box causes the engine to rev over its limits and the piston hits the valves because they cant get out of the way in time.

Its called a money shift because its costs you money. Unlucky dude, not a nice thing to happen to anyone.
Ok I see. I wonder how it would look if he accidently shifted into revearse instead of 6th

Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
ooooh, 5-2 shift - I've done that

Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
5 to reverse? I dont think that possible with the syncro's. But if it was possible the engine would probably explode from revving to 20000rpm. Reverse is very low and often straight cut, so yeah big bada boom.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Ok I see. I wonder how it would look if he accidently shifted into revearse instead of 6th
It would be nearly impossible like stated before. I have been in cars where people have touched reverse, all you get is a horrid grinding noise. Shifting from 4-2 ouch, have a buddy with a tt saleen that did this, he blew a SS braided oil feed line for the turbos, only damage luckily.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Ouuff that sucks. I've done that before, but thankfully I have been quick about correcting my mistake. I went from 5th to 2nd, and I've gone from 3rd to 2nd when I meant to go to 4th. It's a mistake that anyone can make.

Quick Reply: It's called money shift....